Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Here We Go Again... My Fifty Shades Darker Trailer Reaction (plus other news)

Hello once again, fellow nerds! As you can probably tell, work and grad school have been kicking my sorry ass, and I'm still trying to get the hang of managing my minuscule free time properly. Sadly, I did not make nearly as much progress as I had wanted to on that super sexy erotic romance novel I'm writing, and it's been way too long since I've devoted much time to this blog, or even since I tweeted anything. I was getting ready to finally post my long-overdue review of Star Trek Beyond this week, though, and was totally going to (honestly! I swear!) follow that up with my book reviews of A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. But alas, it was not yet to be, for I have recieved two pieces of terrible news today that have forced me to completely change my plans.





*Sigh*... I mean, it's not like I didn't know it was going to happen, it's just that I was perfectly happy when I could pretend it wasn't, ya know? That's only the bad news, though; the worse news (although to be honest it's hard to decide which is worse), is that apparently ELJ will be writing the rest of the trilogy from Christian's POV after all, because the world isn't fair so why should I have expected anything else?

E.L. James, doing what she does best
You'd think the woman would've learned to quite while she's ahead, considering the fact that Grey was the book that really opened a lot of people's eyes to just how abusive her darling dream man was. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she loose some fans over that? Then again, that didn't stop a fuckton of people from buying the book anyways, and if there's one thing I've learned about ELJ, it's that she's going to keep on milkin' that cash cow for as long as humanly possible, readers' opinions be damned. And naturally people are going to keep on buying, although hopefully at the very least more out of morbid curiosity/inexplicable need to finish what they started at this point than genuine fanatic devotion. And NO, I will NOT be one of those throwing my hard-earned money at ELJ (anymore). Reading recaps of Grey was quite enough for me, thank you, and it'll be more than enough to satisfy my curiosity about the upcoming books.

Oh, but I'll still be seeing the movie, though. Will I be paying for it this time, you ask? Not fucking likely, I reply. If I have to, I'll pay for a different movie and sneak in--just you try and talk me out of it, Boyfriend--but yes, I'll be going to see it. Such is my dedication, dear readers. I hope my suffering gives you much pleasure.

But hey, you came here for a trailer reaction, right? Well, in honor(?) of this special(???) occasion (and also because I was too tired and grumpy to give it a proper write-up), I decided to switch things up a bit and try a video reaction. It's... been a while since I've made any kind of video, so sorry in advance for my rambling and laziness lack of editing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment